My name is Kerry Kennett. Thank you for your interest in learning a little about me! I wear many hats in my daily life, teacher, librarian, wife, dog-owner, daughter, friend, and most recently, author! I am excited to announce that in December 2013 my first work was published! The e-book is called, To The Lady Upstairs, Sincerely, The Centipede. It is available through MeeGenius.com. Click below for a preview of the story, and pick up your own copy today!
In addition to my love of writing, I love educating as well. I have earned two Masters degrees: my MST, Masters of Science in Teaching, from St. Thomas Aquinas College in Sparkill, New York, and my MLS, my Masters in Library Science from St. John’s University in Queens, New York. I have worked as a Middle School English Teacher for sixth grade, a Special Education Collaborative Team Teacher for grades K-3, and I also had the pleasure of working for one year as a grades K-2 Librarian in a Primary Elementary School. I have taught in Rockland County, in NYC in the borough of the Bronx, and in Dutchess County- all in the great state of New York.
– I absolutely love vacations that involve a beach! The better the snorkeling is, the better the vacation is! The most beautiful sunsets and calm moments are experienced on a beach!
– I have a wheaten terrier dog named Maui. He is SO fluffy! I hope to write a book or two inspired by his antics in the near future!
– My favorite foods include pizza with ziti, baked ziti with eggplant, gyros, sushi, and hibachi.
– Some people ask me what I would most like to do. I love writing, teaching, reading, talking, educating, and travelling. I don’t think you need to be “defined” by any one thing. One person can explore many roads in life! Follow your dreams!
– I have travelled all over the world to Tahiti, Hawaii, Bora Bora, Moorea, Italy, Bermuda, Spain, France, Portugal, Norway, Amsterdam, the Bahamas, Honduras, Belize, Mexico, Aruba, Panama, Jamaica, and The Cayman Islands.
– My favorite kind of bug is a lightning bug, but I have never been inspired to write a story about one (yet!). While I love my e-book, I would not want to have a pet centipede, or run into one often in daily life!
– My story was inspired by an incident that happened in my house! I went down to the basement to do some laundry, and ran up screaming, JUST like the Lady Upstairs. I even yelled the same thing as she did, because my husband’s name is Michael.